50 Body Questions
A Book That Spills Its GutsBook - 2014
Unbelievable facts about an amazing specimen--YOU!
Most of us eat, run, or sleep without thinking about it. But our bodies are masterful machines of intricate design that perform amazing feats daily.
The fifth book in Annick's successful 50 Questions series guides readers through the details of how our bodies function, from the miracles of genetics, to immune cells shaped like sea monsters.
With her engaging, lucid style, Lloyd Kyi incorporates recent scientific research to explain our body's complex workings. Kids will love fnding the answers to questions such as:
* Do blood cells travel single fle? (In our capillaries, blood cells have to squeeze through one at a time.)
* How is your spine like a racetrack? (Messages race down the nerves in your spinal cord faster than a NASCAR driver.)
* Is your brain like plastic? (Your brain's ability to change is called "plasticity.")
* Can your lungs take a hike? (Your lungs and blood vessels adapt to altitude changes.)
* Are there aliens inside you? (The invasion of microscopic living organisms started the moment you were born.)
You'll discover how people avoided epidemics in ancient Pakistan and why your goldfish can see things you can't. Hilarious illustrations will keep kids laughing as they learn.
From the critics
Age SuitabilityAdd Age Suitability
SPL_Childrens thinks this title is suitable for between the ages of 8 and 12
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.
QuotesAdd a Quote
There are no quotes for this title yet.